What is a CMS?
A content management system (CMS) is software providing website authoring and administration tools.
This allows users with little or no technical knowledge or programming skills to easily control and manage website content.
- Our CMSOur CMS
We used many different CMS systems during our evolution as a company (Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal and DNN) and made the decision to build our own, a decision that would fundamentally change how we do business.
We never found a platform that would do what we wanted, the way we wanted to do it and in a way that was easy to learn (for our clients). We are also concerned about the security issues of deploying Open Source software and having to support it over the life cycle of a website. If anyone tells you that is easy run away!
So in 2008 we built our own.
We built it better. We built it with all skill levels in mind. We built it to Pander to the Google Hummingbird (whilst keeping an eye on those pesky Penguins).
- Benefits of our CMSBenefits of our CMS
BarkWeb CMS Benefits
Apart from the usual benefits of being able to update your own website (which is a common theme to all CMS systems) we also provide:
- 100% supported by us (not 99.9% with a load of excuses)
- Ability to develop bespoke functionality and embed in the core system
- Upgrade path when we release a major version update
- Auto URL mapping, link checking and sitemap management (great for Google)
- FANTASTIC core feature set
- Easy to use (our first training session with you is usually 20 minutes long)
- Well documented help system
- CMS TrainingCMS Training
CMS Training & Support
We provide full and comprehensive CMS training sessions and presentations to individuals or groups of employees so you can hit the ground running. Training sessions can take place in our offices in Eastbourne or we can arrange to come to you.
CMS support and training is ongoing and we are on hand to help and assist our clients whenever it is required.